COACHING available on line by Skype & ZOOM Plus at ADA - El Fen.
We offer Coaching in
RHYTHM & DANCE
Essence of Belly Dance (Raks Orientale)
Life IS Movement
1. Basic Ballet Barre
2. Step By Step Somatics
3. Petite Pilates
4. Rhythm Remedy
5. Unity Yoga
RHYTHM FOR DANCERS AND DRUMMERS
15 min 30 min and 1 hour sessions.
More information available.
EL FEN CYBER STUDIO - COACHING ONLINE
classes are built around any of the above selections. They can be taken
in a group, dance company or individual. They can be set up in a plan
that suits you and your schedule. No need to travel. Can even be a one
time class with a follow up. The telephone and the computer are our best
friends. Academy Courses plus The Dance Bag which is bits & pieces
(Drills). Plus Skype classes will be available too.
BASIC WORLD DANCE CLASSES:
can offer the basics in Polynesian, Spanish, Bollywood, Persian and
Lebanese Debke - World Dance. Contact us for more
7. CHOREOGRAPHY vs IMPROVISATION: - Both
are very valuable and used in Orientale dance. Learn when to use either
and how. How to approach both. One hinges on the other. It is all about
knowing your music and relating to it. You need basic music knowledge .
Have basic technique knowledge of steps and movements. Know how to
approach and utilize both methods and get the best out of your music.
You need a vocabulary to start with. Student must purchase Mosaic of
Music. STAGING- Learn where to be on stage and why.
8. PERCUSSION: - Learn
how to utilize drumming knowledge as either a drummer or to accompany
dancers or as a dancer to improve your dance. Let those dance rhythms
become second nature. Learn the dance rhythms used. Learn how to
accompany a piece of music and more. How to handle the drum like a
professional drummer. . How to use the Derbecki/Tambourine wile dancing
with it in a dance. Learn a short Drum/Tambourine dance.
2021 at Art/Dance Academy
Elements of Dance = Movement
Please note the telephone number has changed
DANCE/MOVEMENT or RHYTHM COACHING
Have you been curious about Belly Dance?
What is it? How does one learn?
Want to move better? Lose Weight?
Join us on line
Monthly plans just for you.
Can be paid by cash/check/cc
Dance & Rhythm Coaching
Presented by Dancer And Drummer
Morwenna & Walid Assaf
No more group classes! all teaching is being done by coaching sessions! Right now everything is on line either Zoom or Skype. Call us for more information.
BREAKDOWN OF DANCE COACHING OFFERED
COACHING sessions offered by ADA Call Morwenna Assaf, Artistic Director at 865-375-0446 or 760-715-2276 email the studio at [email protected]
SCHEDULE FOR 2020 COACHING ONLY
6. Saturday - Open only as needed
7. Sunday - CLOSED
SIGN UP FOR SPRING - APRIL MAY JUNE
WE ARE ONLY TAKING PRIVATE STUDENTS FOR COACHING ONLINE AND/or IN HOME STUDIO
EVERYTHING IS BY APPOINTMENT! -
1. LEBANESE FOLKLORE: - Learn ladies dances of the rural areas of Lebanon and Beirut. Learn the basics of Lebanese dance, the feeling of happiness and the music that makes you smile. Learn choreography from 2 areas and get an understanding of the music. (Good for any level of dancer. This includes Danse Orientale (Belly Dance)
2. REDA STYLE: - Learn why the Reda style is so unique and favored around the world. Understand Reda's approach to the dance in both technique, stylization and music. How he keeps true to the culture. How he stays with each area to keep the culture in the movements and the music. It looks so simple but is really quite complex to master. Learn 2 choreographies from different areas of Egypt. Learn some if Mr Reda's technique skills as basis for all his dances.
4. EGYPT vs LEBANON: - Learn how to differentiate and what distinguishes the Lebanese style from the Egyptian style of Orientale dance. (belly Dance) Learn the stylization, staging and the differences. Relate to the music. Different gestures for the different countries. Learn 2 choreographies from each country to see the comparison. Either 1 Lebanese and 1 Egyptian or 2 Lebanese.
5. MUSICALITY AND RHYTHM: - In this day and age where live music is so rare and most shows are done to canned music whether it be a theater o restaurant we need more variety. This does not have to mean props. Here is the way to get it. Broaden your horizons! Yes, learn to play finger cymbals. Understand the music and the way it relates to the rhythms, the body and the movements when dancing. Make it complete! Know how to move with each instrument you hear. Be able to move naturally. Understand your drum solo. ( You need zills for this class.) Two books students must purchase 1. Mosaic of Music 2. Finger Cymbals: Play them Correctly/ ADA Basic Rhythms CD.
6. R.A.I.S. TRAINING: - (El FEN) A certificate program for those wanting to excel in their teaching or want to start teaching.
1. THE DANCE APPROACH - How to approach teaching. How to teach. Learn what to offer, when and how. Have a syllabus and be prepared. How to break movement down for each level. How to progress. What to look for when critiquing students. How and what to offer.Technique is important. One cannot be free to dance if one does not have the basic structure. If one does not know what to do then you cannot be free to do it! (This is a dance class)
CONSULTATION SERVICES FOR ELITE DANCERS AND DRUMMERS
program is for the drummer or dancer who wants to go beyond the level
they are at. To excel! This is custom designed with you in mind. The
first class is just a consult to find out where you are in your dance,
and where you want/need to go. We need to know where to go next. It is
very intensive but you will grow (if you do your homework) beyond your
expectations.. You will grow in leaps and bounds. The idea is to open
your mind to the possibilities that are available to you and the
material available to increase your knowledge about all aspects of the
dance. (Remember it is designed around you)
2. BUSINESS END - Here we learn how to approach teaching in a sensible move forward manner. . Learn how to plan classes and a syllabus. Learn how to plan for classes at all levels and even mixed classes. How to progress with classes so students progress. How and when to add the more complex moves and material like veil, zills or cane work. How to start your business! (Here you need notebook and pen.) Students will need to purchase 4 books in the subject 1. Shiny Beads and Shimmies. 2. Academic Approach to Arabic Dance 3. 4. Creativity Let Us Get Going. (We also certify for CID-UNESCO an international certification program.)